Sunday 22 March 2015

TV | Just Watched: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Sunday Shorts)

Hi everybody! Welcome to another Sunday Shorts! I meant to do a post before, but I had an essay due in Friday, and you know how it goes ヽ(*’-^*)。

I quite like these posts, makes a change from being obsessed with (and therefore spending far too much money on) Korean beauty products ahahaha. I've given you a couple of books recently, but Easter break has arrived, which means that as I'm not gonna be getting the train anymore, I won't be reading. I just have other things to do, like studying, plus I have a book at home I'm reading at the moment (Lirael, if anyone's interested). So, I have wayyy more time on my hands to do things like, I don't know, watch TV ahahaha.

I'm a bit of a Netflix binger. But come on, who isn't nowadays?  (≧∇≦)/ A show that came out earlier this month on Netflix as an original series was Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, a show by Tina Fey (30 Rock, etc.).




Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is about a woman who was kept underground in an apocalypse bunker for 15 years, after she was kidnapped at the age of 14. Told by her captor that the world had ended, she and three other women (two captured, one who willingly joned the cult) lived in close quarters believing everything outside was hellfire and being told their crazy preacher kidnapper's own personal warped version of the bible. After being rescued, Kimmy tries to live her life and experience the world as much as possible, starting with moving to New York City!

I really liked this series. I really enjoyed 30 Rock so I figured I'd like this as well, but I actually much, much prefer it! I thought it was a really funny show, and downright hilarious in places (Titus in the last episode, for instance ahahaha), plus all the way through it was just so happy and nice that I ended up sitting through every episode with a big smile slapped on my face ahaha  ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

It's short and sweet, only 13 episodes I think, and it's kind of just a joy to watch. That sounds dumb, but it's true! It's funny, it's feel-good, the storyline is a fascinating premise which is bizarre to watch in comedy form, but it kind of works. I binge watched this in like, two days ahahah, I just thought it was plain lovely and funny. I'd really recommend it if you're in need of a new feel-good comedy show to watch!

Have you seen Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment