Wednesday 1 January 2014

Beauty | No7 Beautiful Skin Normal/Oily Skincare Review

So I went to London about two months ago now, and whilst I was there I decided to treat myself to a little skincare. All my life, I have been an avid avoider of skincare; in the past, the most I have ever used is a few Clearasil blackhead removers, etc., which just dried my skin so badly after a couple of uses that I simply couldn't use them again. Lo and behold, my skin is not the greatest. In fact, I get quite self-conscious of it.

As I associated all skincare with drying my skin out and having to suffer with embarrassing peeling skin on my nose mostly, I used to just slap on concealer and powder for years, then added in foundation when I finally found one that was pale enough to not make me look like an umpa lumpa (my skin tone is quite ghostly ahahaha). Essentially, I was just clogging up my skin every day, for years now, up until about six to nine months ago, when I started a medication that made me physically exhausted, so much so that putting make-up on in the mornings was just too much for me. Since then I've switched meds a few times, but each time I have to go through the tiredness all over again as my body adjusts to them, as tiredness has been a main side effect of each. Therefore, I have not actually worn make-up for a regular day at work for many, many months.

Due to this tiredness and inability to find the energy required to put on make-up in the mornings every day, I decided to take advantage of letting my skin breathe, and try to clear it up a bit. Hence, with a push from an offer at Boots for 2 for 3 items on No 7 skincare, I took the plunge and invested in their Normal/Oily Skin range (as my nose looks undesirably shiny sometimes, and my foundation melts off sometimes). I bought their Foaming Cleanser, Purifying Exfoliator, and the Day Cream, as even though I hate moisturising and all that, I wanted it as a backup in case these products dried out my skin.








You can find the Foaming Cleanser, Purifying Exfoliator, and Day Cream online and in store at Boots.

I do really like these products, after using mainly the cleanser morning and night with alterations of the exfoliator for several weeks, my skin was definitely a great deal clearer and smoother than it used to be. Whilst I did still get spots on occasion, the frequency of them cropping up lessened, and with continued use even a few of my blackheads disappeared and the rest appeared minimised and were less noticeable! (*゚▽゚*)

I'm still using these products as they are definitely helping my skin, but I think I'm going to be on the lookout for more blackhead-oriented skincare products, as they're what I'm most self-conscious of. Do you use or like No7 skincare products? Let me know what you think in the comments below (○^ω^)

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment