Tuesday 19 November 2013

Anime | Currently Watching: Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン)


I don't even remember how I stumbled across this anime, but basically I've just started watching this new anime series by the name of Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン). It's really good! I'm really enjoying it so far, and according to Twitter so are quite a few other people, and for good reason! I'm up to episode seven at the moment, and I'm most definitely going to watch it all the way through to the end.


The show revolves around a young man by the name of Shiroe, who is one of millions to play the global MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) Elder Tale (エルダー・テイル). During the game's twelfth expansion pack update Novasphere Pioneers (ノウアスフィアの開墾), the thirty thousand Japanese gamers and several thousand worldwide players that are all logged on at the time of the update, find themselves transported into the game itself! Shiroe, and every other player, awakes to find himself in the body of his avatar, an Enchanter with the powers to cast superb support spells. He quickly teams up with his in-game friends Naotsugu, a Guardian with an "open pervert" disposition whom he was in the Debauchery Tea Party with, and Akatsuki, a beautiful Assassin with a penchant for kneeing Naotsugu in the face when he makes his perverted comments, who has helped Shiroe complete many raids before now.

Since everyone became trapped, the world of Elder Tale has taken a turn for the worse; players have started fighting players, and have begun teaming up and forming large guilds in order to protect themselves from other players and guilds, and to also make a bid for becoming in charge of the world. This is what I've gathered so far, but mostly I've just enjoyed watching this trio adventure across the land, helping out friends and people where they can, and trying to convince Shiroe of the benefits of forming a guild, who is supremely against joining any, or forming one of his own.


So far, I can't get enough of this series. It's funny, amazing to watch in terms of visuals at least, and watching Shiroe and the others learn how to use their game moves in what is now real life is actually really interesting. I can't even explain how much Elder Tale has made me want to join an MMORPG again (I may have created another little 10 day free trial account on World of Warcraft again, and no, I'm not sorry), because to be quite honest I think I'd love it if I got sucked into a game world! Log Horizon really is captivating in terms of both story and characters, and I personally love the concept, I think it's fucking ingenious, and really unique. Overall, 10/10, would bang. I can't wait for the next episode!


Overall:

Plot: ♥♥♥♥♥
Characters: ♥♥♥♥♥
Visuals: ♥♥♥♥♥
Audio: ♥♥♥♥♥

Recommendation:Yes! If you love gaming, unique storylines, and characters you can really get along and empathise with, then Log Horizon is the anime series for you, no doubt about it. It's fun, funny, and full of fantasy, which is just perfect for me :)

Have you watched Log Horizon? Are there any anime series you love or would like to recommend?

Bye! x
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment